WordPress is by far the most common Content Management System (CMS) in the world, powering roughly one third of all websites in existence. It performs suitably well by default, but there is certainly room for improvement. Call on Skypunch to help:
- increase your website’s speed. Let Skypunch deploy a number of established practices to ensure your site performs at an optimal level. In addition to those, let Skypunch:
- migrate the underlying WordPress database from MySQL to Amazon Aurora to take things to another level. Not only has Amazon’s cloud-native database, Aurora, been clocked at five times the speed of MySQL, it requires only a fraction of the maintenance because it is offered through the AWS Relational Database Service.
- take advantage of AWS CloudFront and Route 53 to serve globally-cached content across Amazon’s own network, rather than the much slower public Internet.
- ensure high-availability or even fault tolerance using an AWS-established model.
- scale out so your site handles traffic spikes, then scale in when the spike has passed to control costs and make sure you only pay for what you need.
- customize an existing theme to meet your needs and reflect your brand.
- design a custom website from scratch to look good on all devices and puts all the foundational elements in place to permit your site to rank highly in the search engines. We also have relationships with expert marketing and SEO consultants to help take your business to the next level.
The website you’re visiting right now is powered by WordPress. However, when you view a page on this site, it is very unlikely that the page comes directly from that WordPress web server. Instead, it is being served by a global network of cached resources which means:
- No matter where you are on the planet, the web page resources do not make dozens of hops around the public internet to get from a web server to you, the end user. Instead, cached resources in close geographic proximity to the end user is served. Eliminating those dozens of hops means a very fast website.
- Because page views on this website do not actually place any load on the WordPress server, we do not need to pay for large-scale compute resources capable of handling heavy load. In fact we don’t actually pay anything for the compute resource at all since it falls into Amazon’s free tier.
Not very long ago, the type of global infrastructure needed to make this happen meant it was out of reach for all but the largest web properties in existence. AWS has completely changed that and put it within reach for everyone. Let’s talk to learn how we could do the same for you.